Monday, November 28, 2022
Sunday, November 27, 2022
Happy lazy Sunday, Team Roubo families -
I hope this week's newsletter finds you all well and, for those of you who celebrated Thanksgiving, I hope you found plenty of ways to utilize leftover turkey! At our house, we froze some "plates" to have another time and to share with Eric's recently widowed father and made a huge pot of turkey, vegetable, and barley soup. But my favorite were the Leftover Egg Rolls. I found egg roll wrappers at Hannaford and filled them with turkey, stuffing, potatoes and squash, then rolled them and popped them in the air fryer. They were delicious dipped in warmed gravy! However you and yours spent the past break, I hope you had some good family time and safe travels!
Only 4 weeks left for the 2022 portion of the 22-23 school year! It's flying by!
Take good care,
Thank you so much to everyone for helping with supplies for our philanthropic effort to support Lucky Pup Rescue. We made the dog treats on Monday morning and our wonderful cafeteria staff baked them for us on Tuesday morning. We will use some to hang on the tree and bag up the rest to put underneath.
I wanted all of the kids to be able to make the dough and cut out the treats, so we did 4 separate batches with small groups helping. Because I was trying to squeeze everyone in, I forgot all about taking photos, but rest assured, fun was had! The squeals when they got into the sticky dough with their hands were loud and joyful.
The team of 2nd grade teachers will make our way to Biddeford on Friday after school to set up the tree, decorate it, and get it ready for bidding. I won't forget to take pictures then!
In case you are interested in seeing our tree, as well as many other fabulous entries, here is some information about the Adopt-A-Tree event! There is no cost for admission!
Upcoming Important Dates
Sunday, November 13, 2022
Good rainy evening, Team Roubo families -
I hope you all enjoyed the 3 day weekend in honor of Veterans Day. It felt a little wrong that I enjoyed sleeping in and relaxing on Friday when Mr. Roubo, an Army veteran, went to work! He could have taken the day off, but chose to go in. I also got to say thank you to my nephew Tyler, also an Army veteran, and my father in law who served in the Air Force. Thank you to any of the veterans in your families for their service!
I'm looking forward to seeing you all, either in person or virtually, for conferences this week. For those of you who have scheduled in person meetings, I will meet you in the lobby and let you in. Our classroom is all the way at the end of the hallway, so we will either meet in a room closer to the front of the building or likely use some of our walking time to talk. For the virtual meetings, I will be sending you a Google Meet link soon.
See you soon!
Thursday, November 10, 2022
Sunday, November 06, 2022
Hello, Team Roubo families!
I don't know about you all, but I enjoyed the extra hour of sleep today! I am not in love with it getting dark so very early in the afternoon though. If I had my way, we'd "Spring forward" and stay there!
It was a low-key weekend here at the Roubo home. Some yard work for Mr. Roubo and a biweekly shopping trip to NH for me. It was 78° in Portsmouth, so it was a bit odd to be walking around BJ's in a t-shirt while listening to the Christmas music they had playing! We did enjoy sitting on the porch in the evening feeling like we'd been thrown back to August with the warm air though!
We had a great Friday with our comfy clothes and the surprise was... a class pet fish! He is a Double-tail Half-moon Betta. He is still a bit shy, but was swimming around more as the day went on. We will brainstorm names and vote next week so stay tuned for his name! There was a little bit of disappointment that we didn't get a movie, so I'm sure that will likely be our next marble jar goal.
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Just a reminder that this is a 4 day week with No School on Friday to honor Veterans Day.
- If you would like a fall conference, here is the link to sign up:
- In person conferences are Monday 11/14 and Wednesday 11/16
- Virtual Conferences are Tuesday 11/15 and Thursday 11/17
- Volunteering Opportunities
- If any one is interested in coming in to support Mrs. Dixon in the library during our class time, she would LOVE some extra hands. The time is Mondays from 8:45-9:30. Please email me if you would like to volunteer
- Tuesdays - Fridays 9:45-10:15
- Reading with students
- Helping with written responses to reading
- Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday
- Sunshine Math
- Sunshine Math is an extension program built to challenge students and then have group discussion to figure out solutions
- There is one worksheet per week that students use independently to work on problems of different levels of difficulty
- This would meet only once per week
- Volunteering Reminders
- You will need to fill out this Volunteer Form and send it in with a copy of an approved ID for a background check. You can send it to Central Office directly or send it in with your student and I will get it there. Volunteer Form
- Our updated policy will require you to check in using our Identi-Kid program in the lobby before entering the school. You will need to bring your driver's license and log in each time.
Upcoming Important Dates